Sunday, November 30, 2008

More Than Friends

More than anything else, I love to walk beside you
See the way your eyes looked when you laughed
See the way your head turned when someone passed your way
See how you talked after a long, turbulent day
See how your frame swayed as you walked down the stairs

More than anything else, I enjoy your company
How your grin brightened up my day
Despite the fact it that was not me who made you smile
How daintily you spoke that made me wonderful
Despite the fact that it was not me who lifted your spirits

Yet-- more than anything else you are far from my reach
That though you sat beside me your mind is elsewhere distant
That though you spoke the message you convey is different
That though you smiled you were actually shattered to pieces

How do I mend this bridge so that I can cross over and find you
Across the river of unfamiliarity so that I can reach you
Do you think the way I think?
Do you feel the way I feel?
Or perhaps like many other whom you have forgotten
I am but a mere traveller into your life?

For the many whom have had an impact in my life...my gratitude to all of you is boundless. Thank You!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home